Saturday, December 6, 2008

Porphyria Perfume And Pesticide

Why am I disabled? Well technically I wouldn't be if pesticide and perfume were outlawed. My doctor told me to quit my job or die. Finding a job that doesn't use pesticide in some form is impossible unless you work from home and even then you have to go out into the public sometime. Whether my Porphyria is genetic or acquired is a moot point when it comes to pesticide. Pesticide is a poison and raises the porphyrin of animals and people whether they have Porphyria or not. In some cases it raises it to the levels where symptoms occur which is pain in the gut, CNS (central nervous system)symptoms like peeing your pants in public, lack of oxygen which in my case is caused by the weak autonomic nervous system, and in short it does the same thing to my body that it does to a bug with the exception that it causes me to have Porphyria attacks. Time tested and true my levels spiked the day after my workplace was sprayed and took aproxamately two weeks to level down. Perfume does the same thing but not to the same extreme. Why? Perfume is unregulated and carries many of the same ingredients as pesticide but they are "trade secrets". Febreze is going to be the death of me and is also classified as a pesticide. There are alternatives to pesticide and nothing smells better than a freshly washed body. People with Porphyria need to do almost everything as natural as they can because alot of us are sensitive to almost everything synthetic or classified as a poison. Thus comes the Multiple Chemical Sensitivity controversy. More on that later. The mechanism of free radicals and NOS are the same in both Porphyria and MCS so why not quit arguing about it and figure out why?

No comments: